11.19.2007

Mustering

And this is my horoscope for today, no kidding:

Confrontations
This is a day of critical culminations, when many activities and projects will come to a climax in your life. It is particularly important that you have worked with complete knowledge and understanding of what you were trying to accomplish. Even under the best of circumstances, you will confront others at this time. For most people the area of greatest unconsciousness in this regard is that of close personal relationships, as with family and partner. In these relationships you are most likely to experience the negative effects of this influence in the form of arguments and conflict. If you are in such a conflict, look carefully to see what is really at stake, if anything, and try to arrive at a workable compromise.


In other news, I saw this movie last night; today I still feel drunk from it; a kind of sweet drunk that warms your soul, makes you cry and feel better, and then makes you cry more.

3 comments:

The Grim Reaper said...

I thought Volver was a sweet concoction with hints of tang around the edges. I wouldn't normally describe a movie about deaths, hiding bodies, and long-dead relatives as "sweet," but I would bet from your post that you would know what I mean.

Ms. Cruz was a joy; taking her out of Hollywood, and taking her back to her mother tongue, seems to have reinvigorated her, and allowed her to command the screen and demand my attention.


As for your other endeavours:

It is particularly important that you have worked with complete knowledge and understanding of what you were trying to accomplish.


** ahem ** Yeah; right.






Like anybody can do that . . . . .




Good luck with the record.

The Grim Reaper said...

There's an extra would in there.


No one should edit after publishing.

Erica said...

I think the key is in the filmmaker's love of his characters -- as evidenced both in letting the camera linger over their beauty, and in showing as simply as possible the heartlessness they display in order to survive. The characters are loved and not just pawns of the filmmaker's internal diatribe, and I appreciate that.

I agree with you that we can't always understand what we are trying to accomplish at any given time; but I have to say, in this case, yes, I have complete knowledge of what it is.

But I'm not going to mention it here.