11.18.2007

Mastering

Tomorrow we master the new record at The Viewing Room. I'm excited -- perhaps most excited to visit with Scott and Rebecca and kitty, and second-string excited to finish this massive art project that has been, as Billie Holiday sang, my joy and my pain.

We started this record by tracking eleven-or-so songs in June 2004. Jill took pictures at the sessions; looking back at the contact sheet, I see Alan playing bass with his headphones and Black Sabbath t-shirt on; Dave taking a break in the captain's seat at the mixing board; Dann sitting with his glasses off, rubbing his eyes. I look happy and zaftig and surrounded by wires: headphones, microphone. We went on to record another dozen songs over the next 3 years -- not a lot compared to many bands, but a lot for me. The final count on this record will be 13.

SNOWBLIND and a dozen dwarfs, har.

3 comments:

2fs said...

Avast! The Dreaded Meme-Tag has struck!

I'm trying to recall: I think at one point Paula C. sent me a tape with some of your music on it. (PS: You may blame the Jestaplero! for this tag, since it's his link I followed...)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear it!
The one tune I heard is wonderful.
--Andy M

Erica said...

Ah! I thought I felt a smack on me bloggom, 2fs. Welcome to the party.

Thanks for the woof of confidence, AM!