6.28.2004

Bonjour mes petits chous!

J.J. and I are finally back from the land of the café au lait-addled. We had a lovely time, and when I see you in person I will force you to marvel at the $5 gold stilettos and $8 cowgirl boots I plucked off of the abundant, flowering Quebecois vintage clothing trees. In the meantime, it has come to my attention that some of you find these bloggings disproportionately nasty compared to my usual sunny demeanor. Of course, y'all can just go jump in a lake if you like. But you're my friends, and I trust you to tell me when I'm being a pill. So I will now make an upbeat list of things I love, and you can add to it if you like.

I LOVE lavender ice cream on the rue St.-Denis. I LOVE having pedicures with a buddy. I LOVE cats and dogs and people who love cats and dogs. I LOVE claymation. I LOVE Homer. I LOVE walking down Central Park West at dusk. I LOVE nieces and nephews. I LOVE picking out fun underwear. I LOVE the smell of a wood-burning stove. I LOVE swimming in a backyard pool when it's hot but not too hot.

And on another bright note: My 'blended' family has been together for twenty-four years as of today. Pretty amazing.

4 comments:

Erica said...

The blind bard.

I like Homer Simpson, too, but only in small doses -- no epics.

Anonymous said...

I love having a lunch date with a friend on an otherwise uneventful Tuesday. Still down after your trip? Where shall we meet? - Liza.

Erica said...

Oh, the possibilities! There's a new wine bar with good food on 21st . . . I'm feeling fizzy just thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

it's your blog. write what you want to write. we have a right not to read it. life is full of brilliant and dull. moments when you deny the darkness, you can't possibly appreciate the lightness.