1.31.2008

Birthday Kiss

Pam, you gave one of the most beautiful birthday speeches I've ever heard. I enjoyed reminiscing about the night we first met each other. Not only did you look like a grown-up version of one of those Precious Moments dolls with your huge brown eyes -- you had, and still have, an aura of uncommon compassion. The fact that we both lost our mothers when we were young helped form a fast bond between us. But I swear, even if our moms were alive and healthy today, I would still dig you.

You have uncommon acumen about others, voracious curiosity, and the bravery to articulate even your most private thoughts. You're a thoroughbred writer.

You always let your love flow so freely. It's as if you were off playing hopscotch the day they passed out the guard you're supposed to keep up. I treasure the pretty smudge you made when you kissed me goodnight.




Happy birthday, darling!

No comments: