9.11.2007

More On That Subject

But first: This ad made me burst into tears in the laundry room.



Re: the poem below: I reached for it last night without thinking of anything in particular. It means more to me now than it did when I first read it a dozen years ago.

Courage is the secret to happiness -- Courage to love, wisely and unwisely; courage to believe that others are putting forth their best intentions; courage to have compassion when others can't escape their own destructiveness; courage to pursue a dream even when it seems indulgent and silly; courage not to let the gut-wrenchingly bad things that happen freeze you solid.

The words hope, faith, and love sound so horribly trite. But when your life starts to hit the skids, they appear out of nowhere like Charlie's Angels and totally kick some ass.

Ah well -- I'll leave it to Marianne.

Apropos of nothing, I remembered that my computer has a photo booth function:



{Self-portrait with Liza-cut Hair}






{Self-portrait as Lint Roller Mummenschanz}

2 comments:

Dan Sallitt said...

I couldn't finish watching that commercial - too sad.

Nice hair, though!

Erica said...

Liza is a budding hair genius!