2.11.2007

Eeep! I've been tagged!

The scoop is, I post 6 odd things about myself, and then "tag" 6 others to do the same, sending them the link to this page.

Six odd things about me:

1. I floss after I brush, not before. (Then I rinse again.)

2. I almost always write songs with the radio on. Otherwise it feels too spooky.

3. I almost always leave a little food on the plate, as if to convince myself that I didn't really eat the whole thing.

4. When I was little I made up my own daytime talk show. It had a theme song. Perhaps this is the first song I ever wrote. In addition to reporting the news and weather, I enacted recurring dramatic segments such as Batgirl Story. I often interviewed my parents; they embodied a rotating cast of characters, such as a friendly neighborhood dragon, King Kong, Barbara Walters, and a daffy mermaid who sold used cars. I recorded all of this onto cassette tapes and still have them.

5. Last week I dreamed I was visted by a sweet, amazing dog. In my dream I knew that the dog was my grandmother. Now, a week later, I believe it really was my grandmother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's lovely, Erica. First off, I floss after I brush too. I didn't know anyone did it the other way around. Secondly, I'm glad you write with the radio on. I write with music on too and try not to steal from it. Perhaps I'm trying to catch other people's talent the way you would a cold. Lastly, that is a new kitten; her name is Mickey (after the "Mighty Wind" songstress). Abbey is tolerating her bravely.