5.27.2004

Is it a full moon or something? I've had the strangest interactions while walking around today. I've almost been broadsided by a guy with a handtruck not once, but twice. (Helpful Hint: when leaving an apartment building with a handtruck, back out -- don't barrel out the door and swing around, pushing the cart ahead of you, when you are looking over your opposite shoulder.) I also had to walk around many clumps of slow-walking people. As a slow walker myself, I don't normally have problems of this kind. But today a lot of folks seem to be in slow motion.

Also, I got oinked at. Not meowed at. Not hissed at, growled at, or smooched at like I'm an errant dog. Oinked.

And I almost forgot. A big drop of water splatted me on the forehead. At least, let's hope it was water. And I stepped in a yucky puddle. Ew.

And this is so patronizing I can hardly discuss it. However, the webmaster is clearly having fun naming the urls.

3 comments:

Erica said...

He was just lucky he didn't see my foot plowing into his crotch.

I work downtown! There are no tourists here. However, there is a giant inflatable rat in front of the building next door.

Perhaps I shouldn't have eaten all that cheese.

Or perhaps I should have had some wine to go with it. Then I'd be rapping like crazy and wouldn't give a fuck.

Dan Sallitt said...

I bet the oinker didn't even oink. It was probably someone with adenoids.

Seems to me that the use of sexy covers in classical music in recent years goes beyond crossover artists. Nothing shocking by objective standards, but there's a detectable shift of tone from the stodgy cover art of my childhood. The sexy elements probably stand out more in classical because of the overall conservatism of the graphic design in that field.

I like that quote from the article: "The image of a beautiful young woman inspires deeply ambivalent feelings in everyone."

Erica said...

"Everyone": does that mean frogs? Or persons? What about those of us who believe that frogs are persons?

What feelings does a beautiful female frog inspire in you?