3.01.2004

Uncloudy Day

I don't know if it's because it's gorgeous outside or I came in to work late, but today totally rocks.

Re: the lateness -- it's not a result of my usual slovenly ways, but rather a visit to my apartment by the friendly appraiser, who tapped my walls and squinted out my windows. He had a bleeping handheld gizmo that sent the cats into a tizzy. For this I will ultimately be rewarded with a re-mortgaged mortgage and better financed finances.

Perhaps I'm so blissed out because I spent the weekend willfully ignorant of all news reports. Even ignored the Oscars. I checked the Times online today to get the scoop on the fashion. That's it. (For the record, the gowns looked pretty classy to me: I admired Julia Roberts' in particular. Unfortunately, I've never dug her; even in Mystic Pizza, I thought Annabeth Gish was way cooler. It might have been a dork-identification thing, though).

There was one development, though, that I did find pretty scary: the preponderance of Kucinich posters around the Lower East Side.

No comments: